Labcenter Electronics a leading developer of electronics CAD (schematic, simulation and PCB autorouting) software has released an update to Proteus 8.1, this release, building on the new Version 8 application framework and adding several important features to the Schematic/PCB design modules.
Proteus 8 is the result of over three years development with a consistent focus on product integration. It includes:
– A new application framework lets you view modules of Proteus as tabs in a single window or, via drag and drop, as separate windows for a side-by-side view
– A new common parts database enables sharing of information between schematic and PCB so that changes to data are instantly reflected across the software.
– A new live netlist means changes to connectivity in the schematic can be instantly reflected in the PCB, the Bill of Materials and the Design Explorer.
– The new integrated VSMStudio IDE binds your firmware project to your schematic design and Active Popups bring the schematic into your VSMStudio debug session.
The Proteus 8.0 release delivered a new platform as well as host of feature additions. The new application framework also now enables us to bring out many important features that would have been extremely difficult (or impossible) to implement in previous versions. The goal of the Proteus 8.1 release was to start delivering these features and our focus was on four main areas:
– Pads and Footprints
– Project Clips / Design Snippets
– Dynamic Teardrops
– Proteus VSM for Arduino AVR
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8.x