OptiGrating 4.2.2是一套强大且具友善使用接口的设计软件，主要针对以光栅原理设计之光学组件进行设计。以光栅原理设计之组件可籍由光线传递（light propagation），反射及穿透光谱，群相位延迟，群射散等项目进行分析。而我们可以更进一步根据所得到的结果来调整光栅的各项参数，而这些调整的工具则可以使用OptiGrating很轻易的完成。共享软件资源网
OptiGrating提供不同的选项来分析及设计标准的光纤光栅及波导光栅。使用者可以用选单的方式来设定组件参数。例如：设计一布拉格光纤光栅滤波器，其中包含：调整光栅形状、长度、折射率变化方式（apodization）、折射率变化值（index modulation）、周期变化值（chirp）、光纤直径及折射率值。当设定好这些参数后，就可以让OptiGrating进行仿真其原理是根据耦合模型（coupled mode equations）进行运算，而耦合模型则是使用转换距阵（Transfer Matrix Method）计算。
OptiGrating uses the Coupled Mode Theory to model the light and enable analysis and synthesis of gratings.
A complex grating is approximated by a sequence of uniform segments, and analyzed by connecting the segments with the well-known Transfer Matrix Method. This gives the designer the information needed to test and optimize grating designs.
- WDM add/drop, narrow and broadband fiber
and waveguide filters
- Fiber Bragg reflectors
- EDFA gain flattening elements
- Dispersion compensators for fiber communications
- Sideband suppression using grating apodization
- Fiber and waveguide sensors
- Long Period Gratings with coupling to cladding modes
• Arbitrary fiber/waveguide profile.
• Arbitrary grating profile including arbitrary apodization and chirp.
• Various calculation options in the spatial, spectral and time domains.
• Sensors: Modeling of fiber Bragg and long period grating sensors with temperature and strain distributions
• Inverse Problem Solver: Construction of an unknown grating from the reflection spectrum
• Material and mode dispersion: Refractive index definition by using the Sellmeier formula or an arbitrary formula. Both material and mode dispersions can be included in the calculations.
• Parameter scanning module: All parameters related to the grating can be scanned. The apodization, period chirp, average index and grating shape profiles can also be scanned by defining a scan parameter in the user-defined function. The properties of the grating spectrum (Bandwidth, sidelobe, Peak value, Peak position and Dispersion at central wavelength) versus the scan parameter can be calculated.
• Spectrum analysis tools, Group Delay tools: Calculation of the bandwidth, peak value and position, slope, sidelobe, ripple factor, delay spectrum and GDD.
• Convenient display: Display including average index, period chirp and apodization in one graph, with 3D graphics for propagation calculations
For each device configuration, a mode solver provides a complete list of waveguide modes. Users can design the grating that assists coupling between selected modes and that has control over all device parameters.
Mode solver options include:
Single fiber with grating
Two fiber coupler with grating
Slab waveguide with grating
Two slab coupler with grating
Fiber/Waveguide Profile Options
• Region editor: add, remove and move profile regions
• Real and imaginary refractive index profile: constant, linear, parabolic, exponential, Gaussian, alpha peak, alpha dip or user-defined function
• Photosensitivity profile: constant, linear, parabolic, exponential, Gaussian, alpha peak, alpha dip or user-defined.
• Material dispersion: Sellmeier parameters or user-defined function
• Import/export profile: import or export refractive index profile as an ASCII file
• Visualization: display real, imaginary index or photosensitivity profiles
One of the important features is the ability to enter the custom grating shape, average index, period chirp function and apodization function. A built-in interpreter accepts user-defined mathematical formulas, and all waveguide configurations have the following common grating options:
• Grating shape: rectangular, sine, from file or user-defined function
• Average index: uniform, linear, from file or user-defined function
• Period chirp: linear, quadratic, square root, cubic root, from file or user-defined function
• Apodization: Gaussian, hyperbolic tangent, from file or user-defined function
• Spectrum: reflected and transmitted power, cumulative phase, group delay and dispersion versus wavelength, calculated at the input and output ports of the device
• Pulse response: reflection and transmission calculations for arbitrary input pulses
• Grating parameter scan: the properties of the grating spectrum (Bandwidth, Sidelobe, Peak value, Peak position and Dispersion at central wavelength) versus many grating parameters, such as Grating Length, Index modulation, Grating Tilt Angle, Chirp, Period, and others
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8.x