MedCalc is a complete statistical program for Windows designed to closely match the requirements of biomedical researchers. It is fast, user-friendly and reliable. MedCalc is the most user-friendly software for Receiver Operating Characteristic curve (ROC curves) analysis. The MedCalc ROC module includes comparison of up to 6 ROC curves. The software also includes Bland & Altman plot, Passing and Bablok and Deming regression for method comparison studies.
MedCalc for Windows description
• Data management
• Integrated spreadsheet with 16384 columns and up to 100000 rows.
• Correct handling of missing data.
• Outliers can easily be excluded.
• Built-in WYSIWYG text editor.
• Imports Excel, Excel 2007, SPSS, DBase and Lotus files, and files in SYLK, DIF or plain text format.
• Easy selection of subgroups for statistical analysis.
• Comprehensive help file.
• Manual in PDF format (go to download area).
• Complete HTML manual on MedCalc web site.
• Context help in dialog boxes.
ROC curve analysis
• Area under the curve (AUC) with standard error, 95% confidence interval, P-value. Offers choice between methodology of DeLong et al. (1988) and Hanley & McNeil (1982, 1983).
• List of sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratios, and positive and negative predictive values for all possible threshold values.
• ROC curve graph with 95% Confidence Bounds.
• Threshold values can be selected in an interactive dot diagram with automatic calculation of corresponding sensitivity and specificity.
• Plot of sensitivity and specificity versus criterion values.
• Interval likelihood ratios.
• Comparison of up to 6 ROC curves: difference between the areas under the ROC curves, with standard error, 95% confidence interval and P-value.
• Sample size calculation for area under ROC curve and comparison of ROC curves.
• Go to the ROC curve analysis section of the MedCalc manual for more information on ROC curve analysis in MedCalc.
• Lots of graphs, see Graph gallery.
• Data point identification in graphs.
• Draw text boxes, lines, arrows and connectors.
• Name, save and recall graphs and statistics.
• Statistical info in graph windows.
• Save graphs as BMP, PNG, GIF, PCX, JPG or TIF files, or as PowerPoint slides (*.pptx).
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8.x